Sunday, August 14, 2011

Perspective


Perspective, God’s perspective changes things. “Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest.” (Matt 11:28) He will impart to us wisdom, understanding, comfort, help, advice, peace and change our perspective.  This evening was dismal, discouraging, troubling; full of doubts and fears and insurmountable mountains which threatened.  I remember that scripture, “I will lift up my eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help, my help cometh from the Lord which made heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1-2)

For me, it’s the clouds outside our 6th floor bay windows; the Light in the cloud, the glory of the Lord transcending to my heart.  How they speak to me as I sit mesmerized by their beauty, their changeableness, their translucent colors.  And then in the quiet contemplation He comes and speaks and out pours my heart.  It is so good to talk with the Lord!  His words are so sound and full of truth.  We can live in His words and as they are spoken they are life giving.  Somehow all perspective changes, things which were troubling, murky and impossible suddenly become clear with the light to the lead the way. “With God all things are possible!” Yes, with God ALL things are possible! 

He usually begins with, “Do not fear my child, I AM with you!”  That very word roots me again to Him and I sigh in thankfulness.   What a friend we have in Jesus!  The joy of being understood, loved, and lifted up by His words of truth and life.  “Will you trust Me?” This word usually comes at some point in the conversation and once again I am cast upon the Lord in faith once again.  He always brings us to faith, which works through His love, and we find ourselves on solid ground once more.  

I can understand the words of scripture “in a twinkling of an eye”, or “in a moment” – how perspective can change just like that, by being enlightened.  What transformation! What was just impossible is suddenly very possible and very probable!  With God ALL things are possible!  Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment